Iowa Products Liability Lawyers
We like to assume that manufacturers have our safety in mind when they create new products, but this is not always the case. Sometimes pure negligence and a disregard for product safety causes dangers to consumers that could have otherwise been avoided. In other cases, manufacturers use inferior quality parts that pose health risks in an effort to reduce costs and increase profits.
Examples of Defective Products and Health Threats
Many products liability cases can be grouped together in common areas. Some of the more common types of defective products and risks include:
- Chemical hazards – unsafe cleaning products containing chemicals that are detrimental to the health and safety of your loved ones.
- Dangerous foods – manufacturers have the ability to create soda and other types of food products in mass quantities. However, a defect in manufacturing equipment or an unclean batch of product has the ability to poison masses of people.
- Children’s products – children are more susceptible to hazards than adults, and even small objects represent a choking hazard. In addition, some children’s play sets use faulty materials, such as a slide with faulty fastenings.
- Inadequate guarding on tools.
- Automobile and transportation defects – modern automobile assembly lines and manufacturing plants are very automated. From faulty materials to machining errors, some makes and models of cars, trucks, motorbikes, and mopeds are not safe for the road and cause serious injuries or deaths.
- Dangerous medicines – errors in quality control or improper drug testing procedures have the potential to seriously injure or kill thousands of people. Many times the long term side effects of drug treatments are unforeseeable and need to be recalled.
If an unsafe product has injured you or a loved one, you may be owed compensation for an adverse health condition caused by the unsafe product. The attorneys at Tom Riley Law Firm can protect your rights to ensure you receive the compensation you deserve.